If you’re a fan of Nutella (who isn’t) and everything hazelnut you’re going to love these Hazelnut Praline Cakes! They’re vegan, incredibly decadent and so so tasty! Plus they’re actually really easy to make and the layers make them not only pretty but ensure you get a taste of goodness with every bite. Just imagine a crunchy, naturally sweetened base, followed by a rich cream, drool-worthy praline layer and topped with the creamiest hazelnut chocolate – any takers? 🙂
Ever since I’ve posted this recipe on my Instagram, so many of you have sent me pictures of remakes and I couldn’t be more stoked!
If you’re not familiar yet with iChoc – oh boy you’re missing out! They’re my FAVORITE vegan chocolate brand out there and I’m obsessed with their large variety of flavors. They make all their chocolates with rice milk and furthermore support organic ingredients, environmentally-friendly packaging and fair wages for suppliers in the production of ethical chocolate that goes beyond just veganism! How awesome is that? By now their chocolates are available throughout most of Europe, Canada, Australia and many more countries, but for the nearest supplier next to you make sure to contact them on Facebook or Instagram!
If you decide to give these Hazelnut Praline Cakes a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- ½ cup (70g) hazelnuts
- 10 (90g) dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp (15g) cacao powder
- ½ cup (70g) cashews, soaked in warm water for min. 6 hours
- ¼ cup (65g) coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp (20g) maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (85g) hazelnut butter
- 5 Tbsp (100g) maple syrup
- 120g iChoc super nut chocolate
- ⅛ cup (32g) coconut cream
- Place the crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until you have a sticky dough.
- Line a cupcake tin with baking paper stripes for easier removal and divide the crust dough into 6 equal pieces. Press them into the bottom of the cupcake mould and even out before placing them into the freezer.
- For the cream layer, place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Divide the cream among the 6 cake moulds and freeze for 30-40 minutes or until firm.
- For the praline layer, simply whisk the hazelnut butter and maple syrup together until smooth, then divide among the 6 cake moulds and even out. Place in the freezer until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath and add the coconut cream. Whisk together until smooth and divide equally among the 6 cake moulds. At this point you can add any decoration you’d like - chocolate pieces, crushed hazelnuts etc.
- Place in the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours and carefully remove them from the tin. Let defrost for 1-2 minutes before serving.