In continuation of my summer dessert recipes that are light and cooling I present you this delicious Passionfruit Yogurt Slice! 🙂 It’s everything I want on a warm summer afternoon and more. Imagine a crunchy chocolate base, naturally sweetened with gooey dates, followed by a creamy sweet-tangy yogurt layer and topped with delicious passionfruit. This whole dessert feels and tastes so tropical it’ll immediately transport you to palm trees and the ocean… almost! 😉
Apart from being amazingly tasty this Passionfruit Yogurt slice is, of course, vegan, but also gluten-free and refined sugar free – because as you know I’m all about making my treats healthier!
If you decide to give this Passionfruit Yogurt Slice a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 1 cup oats
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup soft dates (I used bukari)
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1 cup mango soy yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut butter/oil, melted
- ½ cup mango (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- 3-4 passion fruits
- Place the oats, cacao powder and coconut into a blender or food processor and pulse until crumbly. Add in the dates and blend until you have a sticky yet crumbly dough.
- Line a square brownie tin with parchment paper and transfer the base into the bottom. Press down evenly and set aside.
- Place all the filling ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for 30-40 seconds until completely smooth. Pour over the base and even out with a spatula
- Transfer to the freezer to firm for 4-5 hours (or overnight), then cut into squares and top with passionfruit. Let defrost for 10 minutes before serving.