Since a lot of you guys have been asking for more raw recipes, and I myself have been including more raw dishes into my diet lately, it seems like the perfect timing to share the recipe for this amazing raw treat with you! I experimented a bit with the ingredients to create the ultimate creamy filling with a crunchy crust layer and I’m super happy with the result! I finished the whole cake together with my friends after a long study session (including sushi and this amazingness) and everybody loved it! Even my boyfriend, who is rather critical when it comes to frozen cakes asked for more and even asked the next day if there was anything left 🙂 – so basically it was a huge success! What I love about this cake is that it’s pretty light, despite the coconut milk and avocado! So if you’re looking for a super tasty treat that is…
…here you go! 😉
As always you’ll find the recipe video on my Facebook page (just check the sidebar on the right)!
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup natural walnuts
- ¼ cup natural pecan
- ¼ cup natural almonds
- ¼ cup natural cashews
- 12 Medjool dates (soaked in water for 15 minutes)
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder (unsweetened)
- ¾ cup coconut milk (full fat)
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder (unsweetened)
- ⅛ cup pure date syrup
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 4 pieces of vegan dark chocolate (85%)
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- melted vegan dark chocolate
- shredded coconut
- Place the nuts in a blender and mix until the nuts are ground (but not too flour-like). Add the remaining crust layer ingredients and blend until combined.
- Grease a cake tin with 1 tsp of coconut oil so the crust won't stick to the tin. Add the crust dough to the tin and evenly press it down with a spatula or you can use your hands (wet them a bit with water - it helps!). Make sure to also press the dough about 2-3 cm up the sides. When done place into the freezer to set.
- In the meantime, add all the ingredients for the filling in a blender and mix until combined. Pour the filling into the cake tin and place into the freezer for at least 4 hours (if you like it very creamy) or overnight (if you want it to harden up completely).
- Top the cake with your favourite fresh fruits and drizzle melted dark chocolate on top!
- Store the cake in the freezer and make sure to let it soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating, so that it gets creamy!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.